Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bling-Bling Bride: No-so "big" band

I loved my play one words, particularly since FH and I are old skool and LOVE the oldies music including Sinatra-era music. But this post is not about music––it is about our quest to look for the perfect wedding bands that are miraculously affordable, especially since precious metals our being priced so high these days.

The last few weeks I have struggled to find the perfect band ring. I sought out a serious of rings that I thought would satisfy my needs, including even a plain polished band.

So I started with desiring a diamond-cut band, which was apparently very hard to come by (I realized that this is more of a hammered look, but you get the deal):

SecretCharm
 

I figured with the thin band, I could get two and one on each side of the band. But when I actually tried this "brilliant" idea when we went into a department store, I wasn't excited.

Then I figured a gem band would suffice, preferably a garnet eternity band:

Amazon
 


But when I put this against my ring, I didn't like how it did not lay flat against it. I did the same with a plain gold band but it looked to plain.

Finally I found a polished gold band with a bump/swirl to it, that helped it lay against my ring better (I don't have a pic because I found that one at a jewelers). The awful thing was that it was almost $400, and since I had FH with me, an argument ensued because he wanted to buy the ring for me and didn't want to spend so much for the band. I didn't object, since my budget was max $200 per ring.

I did take this discovery back home with me and decided to research v-shaped rings. After few minutes of searching, I stumbled upon this beauty that was everything I could have imagined:


Amazon

 

Of course the biggest downside is that I don't get to try it on and may have to get it sized, but I have honestly not seen too many stores online and physical that have much variety at all. 
So then my next quest was trying to find a ring for FH. He nixed the idea of a silver band and said he would rather have a band that complimented mine. So I searched high and low for gemstone accented rings for me, but only found bulky flashy rings that are just not his style. So we settled on the ring that he picked out in person (but I found it online):

Amazon

 
Again, I hope it fits! The greatest thing about it all is that the best man offered to pay for our rings! Yippie! Granted that it is only $249.81, I am elated that we are coming well under our budget, and that hopefully we won't have to get them sized.


No comments:

Post a Comment