Saturday, February 6, 2010

You're Invited!

So even after a trip to Michael's, I wasn't really inspired by their scrapbook section. It seems that my teal/peacock/oasis color is hard to come by––I don't know if it's because it's such an unusual color for weddings, or because no one has decided to put out summer colors yet. I have searched high and low online as well.

Sometimes I think I am too particular for my own good. Ideally I would like a semi-shimmery teal colored card stock that I can cut into half a sheet of paper or smaller. I have already decided if this paper is truly impossible to find, my best approach is to make the invites with a teal background on the computer then print them out at Kinkos and cut them down so it looks like a bleed.

I am also fine with purchasing a DIY invites package, but only if I could find something I actually like! Ugg. I hate generic looking things that have no personality. So this is what I came up with last night (info was omitted for privacy):

 

I probably won't use this exact wording, I just wanted to see what the text looked like. My favorite part about them is the touch of purple around the edge of it. I used the colors from my original palette which include purple, sea foam, and teal. I think that I will forgo the theme, since I still can't quite decide what I want unless I incorporate the theme into the text like: "Join us near the tranquil waters of the Wissahickon river." I am thinking about a "water" theme as a play off of FH's name, but I'm still not sure. The invites are probably what I am less enthusiastic about because I really don't know for sure how they will come together.

Here is my original design again:

 

I think I want to have purple play less of a role in the color scheme and instead be more of an accent color, but if I can't find teal, then I will just have to settle with purple. I am thinking of sticking with a pearl like rose or cream color for the envelopes because those can hopefully be much easier to track down! I also want to minimize the amount of paper I use––the max four pieces, but again, it depends on what I can find. What stinks is that unless I find the paper I need, I can't really experiment that much.

More recently I am thinking of included some sort of "W" die cut in the paper that wraps around the invite, but I'm not certain yet. If I can find one, it would be one of the hand held ones I saw at Michael's like this one:



I also saw some cool rhinestone stickers that I could accent the invite with as well:


 I think that if I am not able to find the card stock, I want to give texture to my invites by using peacock feathers (or some type of teal and purple feathers), mini fabric flowers, crinkled fabric, and/or foil/shimmery paper.

I know it's too soon to freak out about the invites, but I want to have a definite idea before March rolls around when I plan to put it altogether.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment